How do I pay a deposit?
A non-refundable £80 deposit per person is required to book a place. All payments should be made in GB pound sterling, by cheque or electronic bank transfer, and made payable to cassinobattlefields. Final payment is due seven weeks before departure.
How large are the groups?
Group sizes range from 8-50.
What is included?
- Minibus or coach transport from Ciampino or Fiumicino Airport in Rome, Capodichino Airport in Naples or Ancona Airport to all locations on the tour. The vehicle will remain with the group throughout the event.
- Bed and continental style breakfast each day in Cassino, Anzio, Rimini or Salerno. All rooms are en-suite with wifi, TV and telephone.
- A comprehensive briefing pack, issued per room booking, covering the background to and an overview of the battles for Cassino, Anzio, Gothic Line and Salerno.
What is excluded?
- Travel to and from Ciampino/Fiumicino/Capodichino Airport/Ancona from UK or further afield. This has to be arranged by the participant but allows greater flexibility for those travellers wishing to stay on in Rome or arrive early.
- Lunch, snacks and evening meals.
Do I need a passport?
All participants require a valid passport.
Do I need travel insurance?
Yes, you do need travel insurance and you will not be permitted to travel without it. Bookings will not be accepted without proof of travel insurance being sent with the Booking Form. It is advisable to obtain a UK Global Health Card formerly the European Health Insurance Card. Forms are available from the Post Office.
What happens if I cancel my tour?
Cancellation must be made in writing to cassinobattlefields. The following charges will also apply:
Cancellation Period Charge
56-21 days prior to departure. 30%
20-14 days prior to departure. 75%
13-7 days prior to departure. 90%
Less than 7 days. No refund
Should cassinobattlefields cancel a tour, participants will be informed in writing and offered an alternative tour. If this is unacceptable, a full refund of monies paid will be made.
What if I am already on holiday in Italy and merely wish to join the study tour?
If you already have accommodation in Italy and simply wish to join the tour, a reduced price is charged. Equally, if you are already in Italy and have your own transport, the price is reduced still further.
When I have paid for my tour, what happens to my money?
Your payment is held safely in a Trust Account and is not paid to cassinobattlefields until after the tour has taken place.
Do I have to share a room?
No. Charges for single and twin occupancy are different.
Is there much walking?
No, but where there is, a minibus is provided.